Sunday, March 29, 2009

Clouds Hill Farm and House Museum

Long promised pictures of Clouds Hill Farm in Warwick, RI. I first talked about the house museum here. There are fewer than I thought I had, but, oh well.

First is a shot of the North face of the property. One of the things I found so interesting about the house is that it is made of stone. Normally a house in this style is made of wood.


This is not the entrance of the property, the east facing side is. Sited on a hill, it was difficult to catch that angle of the house. The house looks down to busy Post Road and condos now with plenty of water views, but I can only imagine how stunning the view was when the house was first built and nothing was in the way.


The property features working horse stables and has a pony as well. The property is also a prime turkey habitat. I saw numerous turkeys roaming wild throughout my afternoon there.

I got to see the house for free through Preserve Rhode Island's Thresholds: Step Inside History. Clouds Hill Farm was one of 23 properties listed. The event is being held again this year with some of the same properties as last year and many new ones as well. On May 9th from 11:00 to 3:00, 26 Rhode Island properties will have free admission. Click here to go to the event poster for a list of participating properties.

Clouds Hill is not on the list this time, but is worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment