Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pictures From Old Sturbridge Village

As promised, here are the pictures that I took when I went to Sturbridge Village.

This is a picture of the Meeting House, and look at those clouds! It was an amazing November day.

This was taken at the Tin Shop. Part of what I love about this living museum is the ability for those who work there to step out of a character and lines to show an interested little girl exactly how to curl a piece of tin. She was so interested in what he had been doing and was so excited to be able to help for a few minutes.

This is a picture of the Potter. One of the very few qualms I have with Sturbridge Village is that natural light is the only light one gets in these buildings. So very spacious buildings are very difficult to take pictures in without a flash because they are very dark. This is a totally understandable however, I don't advocate for unnecessary (and modern) light usage. I actually like this picture a lot, it shows the potter in action. I also like it when people can both work and talk, rather than some who have to stop to talk to someone.

This is a picture taken at the Cooper Shop. The Cooper was not there at the time. :-(

This is a picture from the Blacksmith Shop. Look at all of the tools! Also very interesting was how the Blacksmith had an apprentice. I liked that since it adds another element of reality to it all.

And what is a living museum with out real live animals? So here are a few pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment