Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Been Busy

Hi Everyone-

No worries, I have not forgotten this blog, it has been a very crazy few weeks. So I figured I would update you all on what has been going on with me, most of which is school/museum related.

First, I will be graduating from my undergraduate college in less than two weeks as Valedictorian. It was a wonderful surprise. I just finished my speech that I will be delivering at the Honors and Awards ceremony the day before graduation.

Second, I received an internship at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. I will be working for 10 weeks in the Collections Department. I am beyond excited, this is by far my favorite museum dedicated to a particular topic. Baseball is also my favorite sport. There will be numerous posts as the summer progresses on my life at the museum. Also cool? I get to help out with the baseball related events like the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Third, I will be staying in the Cooperstown area for the next two years as I was accepted into the Cooperstown Graduate Program for History of Museum Studies. It's the only program I applied to and am so glad to be a part of it. Just think, the more I learn, the better this blog will become!

On that note I do have 3 blog posts in the works, so stay tuned.


~Maria

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats an insanely wonderful bunch of accomplishments, valedictorian, internship at cooperstown. Most people would pay to do that. Cooperstown itself is like oldtime Americana, I'm sure you will love the experience and the pace of life. The induction ceremony should be great fun as well. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so very excited. I'm a huge baseball fan and am thrilled to have gotten this internship. Cooperstown is an amazing place and wouldn't mind living there way beyond graduating from the graduate program there. I'll be posting as many pictures as I can of the experience. I start in just under 2 weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete